Thursday, November 12, 2009

Q+A interval

Ok, so today is actually not a post day, but I had this great question from a very important person
And I thought a lot of people might benefit from hearing the answers, so I have pasted them below.

I suck at weight maintenance:
You do not suck at weight maintenance, you just don't have the right tools. Like me, you have a non-hunger eating aspect to your weight problem - truthfully I think most people do. But ours is something that makes it difficult
to keep weight off because dieting is only a temporary fix. It's a lot to explain, but I'm going to be working with it in my blog a lot and will make sure you're the first to see any new writings on the subject.

What exactly did you do when you were first starting out? 
When I started the trampoline I was doing about an hour - just bouncing around and dancing. I found workouts on youtube that were fun, but mostly I just put on music I liked and danced - it worked and I had a blast.

Is it best to workout before or after you eat? 
It doesn't really matter. You shouldn't exercise when hungry or stuffed. That's about it. It only becomes important when you start training - like my marathon stuff. Then it's actually best to do both. Lots of protein and sugar before and after - for longer runs even during.

Any good eating suggestions?
Eat with self love. Don't eat anything that's not worthy of you. You deserve something that was prepared with care, that is properly seasoned and just what you enjoy eating. I have been really successful meddling about and experimenting with whatever's in season: asparagus and broccoli in spring, summer squash all through summer, pumpkin and autumn squashes in fall... I had no idea the world was so full of flavors - I had completely narrowed everything down to whatever was easiest to make. Now I cook for myself and never say things like, "it's too much work just for me." I'm worth the effort. I can make the time. I'm not going to die while I'm waiting for my food to be chopped, cooked and served.
When I'm done with that I'm going to love what I'm eating and so is my whole mind and body. Studies show the more flavorful your food is the more likely you'll be satisfied, the less you'll need of it. I have found that 100% true, and what is more, I don't snack as much when I know I've just had/ soon will be having something fabulous to eat.
Eat lots of veggies - prepared well you'll never want anything else - but don't make yourself a salad, salads won't satisfy you even if they do make the hunger go away.
You are more than just the bodily function that is hunger, and it's much more important that you get fed than that your tummy gets filled with random stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment